Low Fat Quinoa and Edamame Salad
A nice low fat salad recipe to try !
Low Fat Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups fat-free, low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup drained roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
Low Fat Salad Instructions:
Toast uncooked quinoa in a medium skillet for 5 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a large pot, add vegetable broth and brinf to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, and cook for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and empty into a serving bowl.
Add chopped peppers, tomato, sliced zucchini and thawed edamame. Stir well.The low fat salad is ready to serve....enjoy it !